"Chris Norman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>I wrote both the original merak PopB4SMTP routine and the revamped, 2nd
>one.
>
> I cut my teeth on Perl writing that function!  The first one was very
> poor, but once I figured out the binary format of the file, I wrote the
> 2nd that takes the length of the IP address and prepends the IP with
> that byte value. Then it parses the PopB4SMTP file.  It was *much*
> faster and the function seems to have continued to live within the source.
>
> What version of Merak are you using? I'm several version behind you so
> I'm curious if they've changed the PopB4SMTP file format.

Thanks so much for that contribution!  It really made the migration easier
for me / my users.  Although at this point, I have disabled it, I still
found it extremely useful to start with.  I am running Merak 8.0.3, and the
binary format still held true.  BTW - did you figure out / reverse engineer
that file format on your own, or did Merak actually give you any
help/support with it?

Thanks again,

Eric