Doug Traylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> egroupware is just a client, has no SMTP service and therefore does not do
> any type of "delivery".  It can be configured to access your MTA's IMAP and
> SMTP services right?  Set eGroupWare to use qmail's smtp as before.  Set
> qmail to forward all outgoing mail to smtp gateway where ASSP is listening
> on ASSP's relay port.  Set up another service for delivery of email from
> ASSP to the world if needed.

Thus far I've not used ASSP's Relay Host/Port settings at all - from the notes
in the admin interface, I deduced that this is primarily for use with
Exchange/Notes?  I've configured ASSP to listen on port 25 and both the
Internet and eGroupWare connects there for delivery!

Since Vexira has only one destination smtp server setting, I can't set ASSP's
Relay Host to Vexira, and since I'd prefer to not install yet another smtp
relay, how about this: I configure ASSP with a Relay Port and configure eGW to
connect to this port, I then configure ASSP to use my qmail server as its
Relay Host.

So Inbound mail will flow like this: Internet -> ASSP (port 25) -> Vexira
(port 1025) -> qmail server (port 25), Local mail will flow like this: eGW ->
ASSP (Relay Port, say 2225) -> qmail (port 25, from ASSP's Relay Host
setting), and Outbound mail will flow like this: eGW -> ASSP (Relay Port, say
2225) -> qmail (port 25, from ASSP's Relay Host setting) -> Internet.

I realise that local-to-local mail will flow in a round-about way, but is this
a workable solution?  If I can bypass Vexira like this for mail that
originates locally, my problem would be solved.

Francois.