At 2:54 PM -0500 4/13/07, Chris Norman wrote:
>Does anyone have a link to a reasonable study on how much each spam
>costs a company?
>
>I'm wanted to quantify how much money we're saving by blocking spam.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated...

Multiply the number of spam by the average amount of time it takes a
human to identify an email as spam and delete it, times the average
hourly wage.

A leftover page from an earlier version of ASSP assumes 2 seconds on
average to identify and delete.
<http://www.asspsmtp.org/scripts/stats/> Not an entirely unreasonable
assumption, but you may want to adjust for your own experience.

hours saved = #spam * 2 seconds / 3600 seconds per hour

By that calculation, my average 12,392 spam caught per day by ASSP
would save 6.8846 hours or $206.54 per day if the average wage is
assumed to be $30/hr as in the example in the link.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>