>> But I don't want to have to have everyone start changing their ports.

I ran an hmail server for a number of years with ASSP before moving to Zimbra.
As long as mail flows

internet=>assp=>hmail server

and

users=>assp=>hmail server (on port 587)

You should be pointing your users to port 587 (Submission port) on ASSP which
in turn will forward it to your hmail server.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."