>> This is my first ASSP implementation, and I'm having a problem with the
>> Relaying functionality of ASSP. We use Zimbra as our main MTA

My Zimbra setup:

Zimbra IP:  10.10.10.250
ASSP IP:  10.10.10.247

Internet => Firewall => ASSP (Port 25) => Zimbra (On DMZ)

The only things that needs to be set on the Zimbra side (Admin Portal)

Configure => Server => servername => MTA =>  Web mail MTA Hostnames:
10.10.10.247

MTA Trusted Networks also include 10.10.10.247

And make sure your global settings match:

Configure => Global Settings => MTA => Web mail MTA Hostnames: 10.10.10.247

Doug