Hello all,

Is anyone using (denySMTPConnectionsFrom)? I've always had it off, but recently tried it to use it to block some especially egregious, high-volume spam that was slipping through the filters from the same netblocks, but I couldn't get it to activate and block anything from those IPs. Nothing regarding IP blocking appears in the log. The settings all appear to be correct - (DoDenySMTP) is set to "block", and these are not IPs that fit into any of the mentioned allowed exceptions. Are there any undocumented exceptions?

I'm using the format as described in the function notes and context help:
[IP CIDR] [RANGE NAME*] #[COMMENT]

*for logging purposes

So now I use (denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways) to do what I expected denySMTP to do. That works just fine and fully as I expected. I'm just wondering why I had to step up to Strict IP blocking to do it.

I'm curious if anyone else is using (denySMTPConnectionsFrom) and knows it is working?

thanks,
-C