Hi Thomas,

I am seeing that my mail server IP is being blocked from dnswl.org:

Error: list.dnswl.org returned 127.0.0.255 - too many queries in the last 24 hours - see https://www.dnswl.org/?page_id=15

It says you normally get blocked for >100,000 queries in a 24 hour period, and there's no way I am exceeding this. The mail server in question is handling maybe 3000 inbound emails a day. So I'm not quite sure why it's being blocked.

I have an instance of BIND running on this server, and I assume(?) that ASSP would direct its RWL/RBL queries to the DNS server(s) configured in DNSServers, and allow those DNS servers to either return a cached result or fetch the end server and return the result. Am I correct in this assumption? Or does ASSP by default connect to the RBL/RWL servers directly to query them?

I see in the RWLServiceProvider docs, this text:

If you use a local provider of the list.dnswl.org zone, your local provider zone name has to contain 'list.dnswl.org' - for example:
list.dnswl.org.yourdns.local

Is this the case for ALL RWL/RBL providers? Could I also configure, say, ips.whitelisted.org.mydns.local as a caching DNS server, and ASSP will "figure it out" - or is this specially for dnswl only?

Thanks!