Von:    "Marc Singer" <eleven...@gmail.com>
An:     assp-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Datum:  26.01.2022 13:33
Betreff:        [Assp-user] Default configuration

Greetings,

I'm working on producing a containerization (pod) for ASSP.  So far,
I've been able to implement ASSP and the database server and the system
runs as expected.  There is one detail, though, I'm not sure how to
resolve.

It would be convenient if I could deploy the service without a
dependence on the specific version of ASSP.  Mostly, this doesn't
matter, but there is the issue of the configuration.  I'd like to allow
the user to pre-configure most of the pertinent details of the service a
priori.  For example, some (or all) of the networks that have
'acceptall' behavior are probably known when the system is launched.
But, ASSP doesn't permit me to provide only /some/ of the configuration
values.  If I don't provide all of them, it will reject my
configuration.  If a new release adds a new parameter, a configuration
that I release with the pod construction files may be out-of-date and
rejected by the new ASSP release.

We can generate a default configuration if we provide an empty
configuration up front.  It would be helpful if we could get a default
configuration directly from the application.   Even a special command
line option to emit a default configuration would be helpful.

Is there something I am missing in this regard?

Cheers

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!