Henning

From: asterisk-dev <asterisk-dev-boun...@lists.digium.com> On Behalf Of Joshua
C. Colp
Sent: Montag, 4. Dezember 2023 13:00
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List <asterisk-dev@lists.digium.com>

Greetings all,

Over the past few years, the use of the Asterisk mailing lists has diminished,
with far more conversation happening on the Asterisk community forums[1]. The
state of email, to ensure reliable delivery, has also gotten more complicated -
emails get caught by spam filters, etc.. To continue the mailing lists would
require a huge time and resource investment, for minimal use.

To that end, we’ve decided to discontinue the mailing lists effective February
1st, 2024.

This means the following:

1. Sending and receiving mailing list emails will no longer be possible.
2. The list archives, however, will remain available.

We need to decide the future of the asterisk-dev mailing list; specifically,
where to hold discussions in the future. There are a few options:

1. A “Development” category exists on https://community.asterisk.org/ already
that can be used.
2. We can use GitHub discussions, which keeps things with the GitHub project.
3. We can use a hosted mailing list elsewhere.

We suggest option #2, since it keeps things with the GitHub project, which is
where everything development-related happens now regardless. This has been set
up and enabled already.

If you have any input, now is the time to state it.

Cheers,

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead