Seth Remington wrote:

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 10:40 +0200, Filippo Carone wrote:
* Hamish Whittal ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ha scritto:
Hi Folks,

I am wanting advise on a good soft-phone on Linux. I have looked at
Gnophone but cannot seem to get it to compile under debian sarge. I am
now looing at sipXphone seem to be picking up that it is not that
stable, but perhaps someone here can advise on what softphone I can use
on Linux.
it may be more of what you need but using asterisk with the OSS/Alsa
module turns it in a very efficient client (it can run also without X
installed ;)

X-Lite for Linux has been working fairly well for me.

http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=products&smenu=download

-Seth

For me, kiax (for KDE, with native iax-Support) runs fine.

Hth

Oliver