On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:10:27 -0700
 "Chris A. Icide" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
John Novack wrote:

Mike Myers wrote:

<snip>

Wow, this is a serious problem for me.  I don't need
to actually check the voicemail itself from Asterisk,
just to be able to tell that there is voicemail
waiting.  Are you saying there is no way in Asterisk
to do this?   Is that true for using Digium hardware
as well as FXO ports on a SIP ATA? Vonage VM doesn't matter to me, since I'll turn it off
and use Asterisk for that functionality, but
determining SBC's VM status is very important.  My
whole wife's family (multiple households) uses it.  In
the past, if one family tried to switch to a non SBC
provider, they always returned in less than a week
because of lack of VM interoperation. So my wife will
put the kibosh on the whole Asterisk project unless I
can light the MWI light when SBC VM is waiting.  Since
the cheapest analog phones can do this, I don't think
she's going to understand that these $200 Polycom
phones can't...  :-(

Is there no way around this?

Thanks,
Mike
Here is what I would do. Install a TDM04 card with a couple fxos. Connect the analog phones that your wife will be using to the tdm card. In zapata.conf, set those phones to immediate=yes, and when you get an event on the fxo port, connect it to the fxs port with the stutter tone. This way, when she picks up the phone, it will immediately connect her to the sbc provided dial tone, and she can hear the stutter or lack thereof. When a call comes inbout however, you can still route it as you want.

Not a perfect solution, since the phones she will be using are forced to use SBC, but the best solution I can think of.

-Chris

Or, could you use something like the zap_barge option tied into a routine that monitors for the FSK and then when it is received, it then runs the routine that is already in place to set the MWI for the FXS ports.

Crude, I know, but the only way I can think of to pass it.

Robert