On Jul 8, 2005, at 12:43 AM, Jay Milk wrote:

All,

I'm currently only setting CID as a ten-digit number.  Has anyone on
this list tested caller-id delivery with various services?  Is there
*one* usable format (i.e. 1+10, or "+1"+10), or does it vary from
provider to provider?

Jay, FWIW the US standard for CLI is ten digits. I don't know if this has anything to do with your root question, but I thought I'd chime in here. I notice that one of my providers sends 1 plus ten for US calls, which is nonstandard and thus breaks CNAM lookups on the recipient's end via their PSTN provider. When one of my providers was sending the plus sign and eleven digits, it would break completely when that call was destined for an AT&T cellphone.

Hope that helps.

-Rob.