The TR1034 boards are capable of being a t.38 endpoint using either SIP or H323. You still need a gateway, and Asterisk don't doo dat (presently). Brooktrout's t.38 implementation is interop tested with Cisco gateways mainly - we're testing in-house using a TNT but it's early days yet.

Note that the t.38 capability of these boards isn't useful unless you have software that implements their SDK, and in particular enables the t.38 features. Several vendors have fax software products that activate the TR1034's t.38 support, but I don't think that's what you were looking for here.

-d

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:29 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Addendum to my post re: BrookTrout TR1034 T.38

Don't want the opening line of my post to be misconstrued.

"Anyone familiar with the BrookTrout TR1034 Fax Board, supports T.38 and
PSTN fax in an Asterisk environment?"

That's a question, not a statement.  Curious if anyone has played with one
of these as an extension of an Asterisk server for T.38 faxing, did not mean
to imply it could, should or would play well with Asterisk.

Cory Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive