Hi Bartek, I posted the exact same problem last week - I found that if I connected two Asterisk systems together via a PRI crossover cable and talk txfax to rxfax then you get a T4 state timeout. I tried connecting ports one and two together on a TE410p and also connecting a TE410p to a TE110p, and a TE110p to a TE110p on different machines. I also found this when looping back via the PSTN. I read up a bit on what T4 actually is, and it seems to be a pretty high level state, where the faxes are transferring or about to transfer the tiff image data between themselves. The faxes will eventually hangup on each other - if you do a zap destroy channel to force hangup then you will sometimes get a segfault and asterisk will crash.

I haven't found a solution for it, but it's not a big problem for me as I was only going txfax to rxfax as part of testing something else and I am using a hardfax attached to a SIP ata instead that works just fine against both rxfax and txfax.

Craig

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] TxFax -> RxFax on same machine hangs

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Steve Underwood wrote:
Bartek Kania wrote:
If the call really dialed out through a PSTN port and back in it
should work.  It is was a pure internal connection between 2
processes it will not. The timing for these programs comes from the
received data. No data, no work.
I can confirm that this problem appears on a call through the PSTN.
My setup is:
TxFax -> Asterisk -> E1 -> Asterisk (same box) ->RxFax
Asterisk version 1.0.9 and spandsp version 0.0.2pre18 on debian woody
(3.0).
I sent you an email about it with some debug information a week or so ago. If you need it again, or need some other info I'll be happy to provide it.
Did you put txfax in caller mode?

Yes I did.
This is a snippet from 'show channel' for the two channels:
           Name: Zap/3-1
           Type: Zap
      Frames in: 5249
     Frames out: 265