Hi!

Sorry for disturbing you, I found what I was looking for.
The strange thing was I found nothing inside my /var/log/asterisk/messages and inside /var/log/messages. At the end, I found that safe_asterisk script wants the user to know where asterisk is located, so I added /usr/sbin to the $PATH variable inside my user .bash_profile
Now safe_asterisk can launch asterisk and everything works all right!

Thanks again for your answer.

Giorgio

Christian Wengel wrote:

Hi!

I'm running asterisk as a non-root user without problems. I followed the instructions on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20non-root

If it still does not work, append the last part of your /var/log/asterisk/messages

Christian

gincantalupo schrieb:

Hi,

I'm attempting to run * as a non-root user (asterisk), I can run * as my new user with "/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvc" without problem.

However, I'm unable to run * using safe_asterisk with my user, the error shown is:

       Asterisk ended with exit status 127

safe_asterisk is trying to use tty9 and I have changed the ownership appropriately with chmod:
Why isn't safe_asterisk working?

TIA

Giorgio