On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:18:45 -0500
 Paul Zimm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I then compiled libpri fine and moved on to zaptel. Did a make clean then make install and get the following error: How about `make linux26' ? I am not up to speed on make or its errors, but it looks like to me that it is complaining about /usr/src/zaptel not being there or that modules is missing. AS you can see from the last line there is a /usr/src/zaptel directory. Or is it something with my 2.6 kernel and a modules directory or something. Have never gotten this error before, that is why I am asking for help. Robert do you have kernel sources installed? I just dealt with these same issue on a recent install on debian. You don't need the kernel sources, but you do need the kernel headers for the kernel image you're running. You need to have a sym-link named /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ which links to your kernel header directory.

Zaptel wouldn't compile properly until I removed the 2.6 kernel source files, because I had the 2.6 version of the kernel sources and my kernel image and headers were 2.6.11.

Marv Horst
"dicovers" the kernel source

That was it. I had recently upgraded from 2.4 to 2.6.8 and thought I had added in to install the headers but had not. I did the source but not the headers. Seems to be compiling fine now.

Thanks for the brain jog... :-)

Robert