Hi,
this is my /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel:

options torisa base=0xd0000

alias char-major-196 torisa

install tor2 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install tor2 && /sbin/ztcfg

install torisa /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install torisa && /sbin/ztcfg

install wcusb /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcusb && /sbin/ztcfg

install wcfxo /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxo && /sbin/ztcfg

install wcfxs /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxs && /sbin/ztcfg

install ztdynamic /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdynamic && /sbin/ztcfg

install ztd-eth /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztd-eth && /sbin/ztcfg

install wct1xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wct1xxp && /sbin/ztcfg

install wct4xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wct4xxp && /sbin/ztcfg

install wcte11xp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcte11xp && /sbin/ztcfg

alias wctdm wcfxs

and this is my /etc/init.d/asterisk made by me:

#!/bin/sh

ztcfg -s

# unload wcfxs module because I must load

# qozap module first!

/sbin/rmmod wcfxs

/sbin/rmmod zaptel

# Now I load all the modules in the right order

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/misc/zaptel.ko

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/misc/qozap.ko

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/misc/wcfxs.ko

ztcfg -vv

# this is to exec asterisk as asterisk user

chown --recursive asterisk:asterisk /dev/zap

chmod --recursive u=rwx,g=rx /dev/zap

chown asterisk /dev/tty9

sudo -u asterisk /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk

and it magically works (!!!) even if modifying debian zaptel and wcfxs modules loading sequence should be a better way to solve the problem but I don't know where to find that damned sequence.

Giorgio Incantalupo

This