Works well. I am running 1.0.9 stable on this with FC2 on kernel 2.6.9 The kernel needs patching to pick up the onboard SATA (ICH7), or we use a pci express SATA raid controller with a TE110p. The only real hassle is the single 'standard' pci slot in it. Remote access is via SOL and the embedded third nic. Very nice little server, even cheaper than the equivalent poweredge 750 as we no longer have to buy a drac card.

Craig

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klaus Darilion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:06 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] dell and digium hardware

Hi!

I read in the archive a lot of problems using the Dell 1850 servers and digium TE4xxP and TE2xxP hardware. I wonder if ever anybody has tried the Dell Poweredge 850 series and can report some experiences?

btw: Does somebody knows why there are problems with 1850 but not with 2850 (digium recommends the 2850 for their Business Edition)? AFAIK both have the same chipset and both use Intel onboard NICs.

Thank's for any hints.
Regards
Klaus