Can Hylafax be made to produce ccitt G4 instead of ccitt G3 encoded images? The G4 tiffs are smaller than G3 and are much more efficient to convert to pdf. I was able to patch spandsp to produce G4 encoded tiffs and was wondering if Hylafax could be made to do the same as I'd really like ECM support.

Craig

Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] FAX difference IAXModem / Hylafax and spandspapp_rxfax

Rob McKrill wrote:

I am just getting started in the Hylafax stuff and have a dual PRI card I am trying to do this with, but I am going to give IAXmodem a shot as soon as I get the tif to pdf conversion working.

HylaFAX should already have the TIFF -> PDF conversion stuff built-in. Actually, it uses libtiff's tiff2pdf, if possible, and if not then uses it's own scripting with tiff2ps -> ps2pdf. (The latter being less-good because it uses a Ghostscript tool... which therefore makes it inferior).

Lee.