Johnathan Corgan wrote:
btb wrote:

[7508] ;ipkall
type = peer
dtmfmode = rfc2833
context = remote
callerid = "ipkall incoming" <7508>
nat = no

You've configured this entry as a peer, which is for dialing out, versus
as a user, which is for incoming calls.  Solution is to change to
'type=user'.

If you really need a peer definition, you can use 'type=friend', which
will cause * to create both a user and a peer entry for '7508' using the
parameters listed.  Some parameters are common to both peers and users
so it saves space.

Personally, I never use the 'type=friend' method, but rather maintain
separate peer and user sections for outbound and inbound calls to/from
other switches or endpoints.  This helps _me_ keep things straight;
others (probably most) prefer the combined 'type=friend' method, though.

I would never recommend using a type=friend for a service provider
connection. You need one peer for calling out and another for receiving calls, or at least add a "host=<hostname of provider's server>" to enable matching on IP on incoming calls.

The problem here is, as you figured out Jonathan, that this peer section does not match the incoming call. Adding a host=hostname entry will help matching.

/Olle