If you have both sides of the call it is possible. It may not be practical though. If one side was using spandsp then it is both possible and practical.

Craig

Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:02 PM
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Can I recreate a Fax from a recorded file?

Maybe if you had the un-muxed sending side but I really have no idea. Interesting question though.

-----Original Message----- From: Alexander Lopez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 5/3/2006 9:32 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

This is a very KGB / NSA / InterPOL / CIA type question, but if I have a recorded file (G.711, no compression) can I feed it into standard in of an application and have it recreate the fax that was send?

I don’t know enough about the Fax handshaking to understand this.