If you need g729 and g723 format, let me know and i could convert it to you.

Tim Panton escribió:

On 19 May 2006, at 17:05, Mark Phillips wrote:

Hi folks,

With thanks to Alison Keenan (another Alison!) for the voice, Chris
Bagnal for converting from 44k wav to sln and finally Terje Elde for
debugging my HTML code, the British English files are now ready for
download.

They can be got from http://www.enicomms.com/cutglassivr/

Thanks and don't forget to practice safe IAX ;-}

It is great that there is an extra (British) choice for asterisk sounds.

I downloaded the SLIN and I have a couple of remarks.
1) you can't use the SLIN directly on a non-intel machine -
you may have to byte swap it first (took me a while to work out
why I just got pulse modulated static on my NSLU2 home
asterisk! (armv5teb) )

2) I was surprised to find that I didn't like the results.
This is a purely personal thing, but I found
Alison Keenan's delivery too redolent of a  England that is
gone. I instantly felt like a  child again, being told slowly and
clearly what to do.

The only reason I mention this is so people don't assume that
these new recordings will always be the preferred offering to
systems installed in the UK, it will depend on the image that
a company wishes to present.

Tim.

Mark

--