The lcd in the current budgetone series cannot support alphnumeric display.

Craig

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Grandstream Budgetone phones don't show

Thanks Jessee,

I've just sent an e-mail to Grandstream support asking if they are planning in a near future to release a firmware implementing alphanumeric callerid for Budgetone series. When they answer me, I'll replay to this thread with their feedback, so the community can also benefit...

Regards,
Ricardo.

Jessee J Holmes wrote:
Ricardo,

From what I know its a physical limitation of the display Grandstream chose on that phone, Grandstream recommends purchasing the GXP-2000 phone instead if you're looking for this feature.

Grandstream has no plans from what I am aware of of making this change to the BudgetTone series phones.

You are more than welcome to inquire directly from Grandstream though, this is just from what I know from dealing with them in the past.

Jessee Holmes

Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation

www.atacomm.com

V: 1-877-700-VOIP