spandsp supports 9600 rx and does not support ecm. If you want ecm, use iaxmodem with hylafax - http://iaxmodem.sourceforge.net , currently hylafax in conjunction with iaxmodem seems to be more reliable than rxfax and spandsp by themselves.

Craig
----- Original Message ----- From: "Artifex Maximus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:31 PM
Subject: [asterisk-users] rxfax, spandsp and lack of ecm

Hello,

I had received a lot of unreadable pages with rxfax. I've been doing
some search on net and found this:
http://threebit.net/mail-archive/asterisk-users/msg15708.html

It looks like rxfax/spandsp doesn't support ecm error correction. Bad
news for me. Is it still the case? app_rxfax.c dated as 8th of
february so I think the answer is yes but I am still hoping a little
no or might someone have a patch for enabling/implementing ecm.

bye,
Zsolt