Hello
Asterisk implement only passtrough T.38, so you cant terminate calls with
asterisk using T.38.
You need T.38 gateways.

Regards

On 11/13/06, Ricardo Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm trying to enable Asterisk to work with FAX using T38. I've tried
Asterisk 1.2.4 with the available patch found at URL
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5090 and also with the new 1.4 Beta3
that is announced to support it too.

With both Asterisk versions, I've sent with success FAXes between two
FAX machines each one attached to an ATA interface, both registered in
Asterisk. Although I can't send FAXes to PSTN using T38. The problem, as
far as I know, might be assigned with the "Content-Length" shown in the
message header of every SIP message negotiating T38 parameters. I've
observed that after leaving Asterisk, the Content-Length of every
message carrying T38 parameters gets shorter than truly is, and
contrarily to my ATAs that seem to don't care about this, my Telco
analyses the packet length written in this messages and truncates them,
aborting the call.

Does anyone experienced this too? Any ideas besides editing the
chan_sip.c code to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Ricardo.