Folks,

I've seen a few reports that people have had problems with hang up
detection on UK cable phone lines.  I have a TDM400P with two FXO ports,
one connected to my BT line and the other connected to my
Telewest/Virgin Media cable line.  If I ring the BT line and then clear
down, Asterisk detects this and acts accordingly.  If I ring the
Telewest line, the clear down is not detected, hence Asterisk continues
to ring extentions, record voicemail, etc.

I've seen a few posts reporting this issue with the UK cable system but
these are generally not resolved.

Has anyone sucessfully configured a UK Telewest line with Astersik?
Does anyone know how Telewest signals that the remote caller has cleared
down?

On the same topic, how does BT signal remote clear down?

I have plugged a phone into the Telewest line and it doesn't appear to
receive a tone on clear down, nor does it appear to drop power on the
line.  Just in case, I changed the DCT in zaptel.h from 500ms to 100ms and
recompiled, however, this did not resolve the issue.

I'm working blind at the moment as I cannot find anything which
documents what to expect the Telewest line to do to signal a remote
clear down occured.  I've played around with the kewlstart and
loop-start setting but without knowing what the line is going to do,
it's difficult to know how to configure Asterisk.

Does anyone have any experience of Telewest?

Thanks,
Mike.