On 12-01-26 11:49 PM, asterisk jobs wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have noticed getting wired IPs blocked by Fail2ban. Has anyone else seen
this or can explain this?

Chain fail2ban-ASTERISK (1 references)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    DROP       all  --  0.23.20.189          0.0.0.0/0

I also get things like, 0.0.5.2, etc....Fail2ban seems to be working when I
am testing. Are these numbers taken from the SIP packet or the TCP/IP
protocol source because they surely are not valid addresses.

What version of asterisk 1.8 are you using? I suspect this is a bug we recently fixed in 1.8.8.0+

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer