On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> GIBERT Frédéric wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I had installed several asterisk, but I every time had a problem with
> > callerID.
> > On each phones I don't reveive the first digit.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > Caller 0672083516 called an IP Phone 0123456789. The IP Phone see 672083516
> > as callerID.
> >
> > I think there is a patch for it, but I don't know where to find it out.
>
> I think one of the switchtype options in zapata.conf deal with this.
> Set to national, it strips the national prefix.

You need to give us a bit more information on how you are connected. How
are the lines that the calls are coming in on connected? Isdn, sip, h.323,
analog?

For isdn (and h.323 at least) your provider may send the caller id in
several standardized formats as well as several non-compliant-but-common
formats as well.

If you are connected via isdn the number format is identified by the Type
Of Number and Numbering Plan sent along with the caller id number. Either
talk to your provider on how the line is provisioned or look at the result
of a pri intense debug and see how the numbers are sent and what TON is
set.

Common choises are:
  (TON)   / (NPI)
  unknown /unknown    - the number is sent as it would be dialed on a POTS
  national/E.164      - only valid for national numbers - no leading zero
  int     /E.164      - leading country code, no leading int. prefix

Usually all callerids are either sent with "unknown" TON or national
numbers as "national" TON and international as "int" TON. However, it is
not unheared of to have these mixed up a bit by the telco.

Peter