On Jan 25, 2005, at 2:02 AM, Adam Goryachev wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 23:51 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
I'm trying to get similar working with a Grandstream. I'm getting a lot
of echo. My laptop is crashing when the call terminates.

What are you using for the NAT setup on your laptop ? (firestarter) Are
you adding any special rules to handle the SIP phone ?

I'm wondering if we both have the same problem, ie outside entities
can't get back through the NAT to the phone connected to the laptop.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you possibly want the laptop to do NAT? Isn't your router or something else already doing that for your laptop traffic?

So, why not just get linux or mac osx or whatever to bridge the wifi +
ethernet, and then your sip phone will just talk to the network like
normal...

Looked into that, but a lot of OS' have difficulties bridging ethernet and 802.11 interfaces. OS X is no different.

Hence the reason for siproxd.

Just my thoughts ...

Regards,
Adam