On Mar 14, 2005, at 5:20 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:

For those that are interested, I was just out on the Cisco site and noticed that they had released firmware 7.4 as of March 11th for the 7940/7960 phones.

I don't see any major changes in the release notes--mostly small bug fixes. They fixed some DHCP and NTP problems, as well as a 802.1x problem with some of their switches. There were a couple SIP protocol fixes in there too, plus a spelling fix.

In other words, if things are working for you right now, there's probably no reason to upgrade.

Scott