On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:45:44 -0400 "Ian Pattison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My specific issue has to do with ringing on my FXS ports.

A Northen Telecom Harmony phone (circa 1983) rings normally but when I connect my newer GE 2.4GHz cordless I never get more than 1/2 ring (it lights up and works fine... just can't get a ring from it). Normally I'd assume that it's a low power issue on the FXS port but with a phone rated at 0.1 REM?

I do have some strange voltages though....

ON-Hook: ~48V DC, 107V AC (this really concerns me...)
Off-hook: ~6V DC, ~12VAC (where the hell is this AC component coming from???)
Ring: 0V DC, ~45V AC

Suffice it to say that electrically this is completely out to lunch... I'd like to throw an oscilloscope on the line to see what's what but I'm having trouble finding one.

Thanks,

Ian

The one test I did not look at was off hook scenario. I will try that tonight. I am also going to call a friend of mine now and see if he has a line tester I can borrow to accurately measure the voltages.