On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:24:37 -0500 Josiah Bryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 20 April 2005 10:29 am, David Choo wrote:
Dear All,

My boss has placed a requirement for me to forward all our IDD calls
through a partner's IDD service, which requires us to call a 8 digit
number, wait for 1 sec, before we send in the foreign number we're trying
to call.

As I can't find anything on getting the PBX to wait, i'm only removing the
1st 3 digits (900) and sending in an extra 1 to simulate the wait. It
works, but not all the time. Is there anyway that I can place a wait
command here? I'm tried placing w / p but both don't works. Would like to
seek your kind assistance!

exten = _9001.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/64919669,,D(${EXTEN:3}),)
exten = _9001.,n,Hangup()

Try 'w',

E.g. for my old bridge to BizFon, I had to dial 9, wait, then the number:

exten => _NXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/9w${EXTEN})

Just put the 'w' between the numbers that you want it to 'wait' at.

-josiah

And as an added tidbit... If I remeber correctly, each "w" is about a 1/2 second. So to get a second pause you would need "ww" in the string.