As mentioned yesterday, i made an attempt to write documentation to get NAT + SIP to work on http://www.asteriskguru.com/natut.php

If you send me the info for those phones, firewalls i will include them.
(I was planning on adding some Linux/BSD firewall rules but i dont have
a pix,).

/Z

Irakli Natsvlishvili wrote:

Hi there,

There are plenty of good documents on Asterisk, SIP and NAT on the
voip-info.org wiki. Please look them up. There are also information
within the configs/sip.conf.sample file within Asterisk.

Folks, let's face it - documentation on Asterisk sucks big time. This is the reason why the same questions are asked here and over the Net every week.

If Asterisk is on a public IP, again: it's up to the phones.
It's still not an Asterisk problem.
Yes, but you need to pick the right phone, the right NAT/FW
and have a  lot of patience :-)

OK, let's document is. Is there any information with different phones/FW combinations already available?

I can add some info working with Cisco's IP phones, Pix firewall, cheap
linksys/dlink gateways.

Good NAT traversal support.

and we do not give them any NAT traversal support.

Why? Is this for some political reasons?

Irakli