-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Hamilton
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 16:38
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960s and skinny

Simon:

I have had Skinny going on a 7960 (which I then reimaged to SIP). I
currently run a 7910 on Skinny (using chan_sccp) and use the
aforementioned 7960 simultaneously.

Since you mentioned that you will have 50 phones, I assume you are
using them in a business setting.  I would *highly* recommend using
SIP, as I have found that the skinny driver is not as reliable as it
could be (not criticizing Jan or Julien at all, here).

Reimaging the 50 of them should only take a while (depending on what
version of CCM they have at the moment). I reimaged 12 phones once for
a business and it took less than 30 minutes after I got it going
(toying with the phones to get them to take the image, exactly how the
config files were to be set up, etc...).

I imagine you could easily get the whole thing done in less than a day
(reimaging and config files), then figure out your dialplan.

Then there is the whole issue of writing the config files...but you'd
have to do those with Skinny, anyhow.  I think with SIP you'll have
much better reliability.

-Andy
FWD: 428725