There is no way, with an asterisk box to emulate a particular vendor's switch. You can always change your signalling type and present different signalling protocols (asterisk supports quite a few), but you will never be able to emulate a switch from a different manufacturer, and then of course you have different firmware and model versions to deal with as well.

I can say from experience that connecting two asterisk boxes back to back will get you 80% of the way there, when testing for functionality, but you won't know if you are going to run into a problem until you connect it to the actual switch hardware you plan to connect.

Noted. OK, thanks to everyone for the responses. I'll set up for NI2 and hope for the best when the LEC brings the trunk up.

Regards,
/rg