On May 31, 2005, at 8:05 PM, Andy Hamilton wrote:

On 5/31/05, Robert Goodyear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone know how to suppress the "Missed Calls" indication --
perhaps on a per-line basis -- on the 7960 running SIP?

Reason: I've configured a group of extensions to ring for inbound calls
and it seems pointless to accrue missed calls on those line
presentations.

/rg
Rob:

Not sure how to (though I agree it would be handy). If anything, it
would be a Cisco thing. Have you checked their website to see if the
have any tips?

-Andy

Yeah, no such luck. I'm guessing it would require a Firmware hack, which is CERTAINLY out of my realm.

Which begs the question: I wonder if/when anyone will attempt to write FW for IP phones in the same vein as the openWRT / Sveasoft crowd.

/rg