On Jun 10, 2005, at 6:38 PM, Michael Welter wrote:

Barton Fisher wrote:
I'm looking to expand my bandwidth for my Asterisk PBX. Why should I choose a T1 over DSL for my asterisk server? I found someone offering T1's for $290 a month + Loops or 3 Meg for $561 a month + Loops. Is this a good deal?
 Thanks
 Bart
Where are you located?  What CLEC gives you a T-1 for $290?

FWIW I provisioned a PRI and a DS-1 for $300 each. Don't know if I'm getting a break for having a voice and a data circuit broken out from one fiber drop, but that's what I'm paying here in Orange County. Also, I had a business cable modem before, which was *allegedly* not shared for business customers (suspicious) and the throughput was a roller coaster, as was the latency. The DS-1 cleared all that up.

/rg

Robert Goodyear
Brand Up LLC
http://www.brand-up.com