  From: Dave Donovan
  To: asterisk@uc.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [on-asterisk] Calls not connecting on PRI span

  On 7/4/07, McQuiggan, Mark - Broadridge (Toronto) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Dave:

    Try a straight-through cable.  You need a straight-thru to connect a
pri_cpe to a pri_net.

  Maybe I misunderstand, but what you're saying doesn't seem right.  I've never
connected Asterisk to Asterisk but I've connected Asterisk line side to a bunch
of different things (Avaya and Nortel PBXs).  I've alway used a T1 crossover
cable and then had one side act as NET and the other as CPE.

  My understanding was that the crossover cable addressed the electrical
requirements and the CPE/NET settings addressed signalling requirements.  Am I
wrong?

  I would expect that if Dave had the wrong cable, he wouldn't get anything at
all in terms of call setup.  In fact, I would think the B and D channels
wouldn't initialise.

  Dave Donovan