Is the carrier capable of doing a packet capture on their end to make sure they are getting the DTMF from you correctly?. It would be interesting to find out where the DTMF is breaking?

Are you able to do one from your box (or a mirrored switchport if you don't like running packet traces on a production box) to make sure you are transmitting it correctly to that carrier?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reza M. Reza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk@uc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:36 PM
Subject: [on-asterisk] DTMF RFC283

I have an issue with a carrier and hoping for some feedback.  My carrier
has been amazing and responsive, but as in any business, there are minor
things that arise from time to time   The issue I am facing is that
RFC2833 does not work on certain numbers, specially government IVRs.
This is on Asterisk 1.2.9.1

I then tested the exact same thing RFC2833 on the government numbers in
question from my Asterisk 1.4.18    It works perfectly.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!
1.  When I use other CDN trunks from 1.2.9.1 Asterisk with RFC2833 it
works FINE.
2.  When I use Unlimitel it is fine.
3.  When I use a dozen other carriers (American), its ALL fine.
4.  Regardless of 1.2.9.1 or 1.4.18 RFC2833 works from ALL other carriers.

SO.....
IF ALL other carriers are passing DTMF perfectly from my 1.2.9.1 except
for the one in question,   then would it be fair to say the problem is the
specific carrier which is consistent in failure to transmit DTMF to those
government numbers?   Or are there other possible scenarios that I may be
missing out?

The quick fix here is to divert outgoing calls from 1.2.9.1 to the trunks
that are 100% on DTMF via RFC2833.

Any suggestions is welcome!

Best,
Reza.