Does it say "Checking DNS". It probably can't get an answer from the DNS servers that it is configured to use

Instead of host names try IP addresses in the phone. For example on the Line1 tab...for Telnet customers that normally have sip1.telnetcommunications.com I would tell them to use 74.51.34.37 . If he is behind NAT he should enable the STUN features of that phone on the SIP tab as well. If you are not sure of the IP address...just ping the hostname and you'll get it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry L.Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk@uc.org>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 8:52 PM
Subject: [on-asterisk] Linksys SPA 942

Hi guys, can anyone help ?

A friend of mine purchased an SPA 942 for use in California
using a Unlimitel supplied voip line. It worked fine in Toronto
but when he tried to use it in California it can't find a DNS server.
I have walked him through the set up but it still doesn't work
His ITSP is Verizon.....
What little hair I have is going fast!
Would be grateful for any help

Henry L.Coleman CEO [VoIP-PBX]