From: Syed Zia [mailto:syed...@rogers.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:17 AM
To: asterisk@uc.org
Subject: [on-asterisk] CISCO & Asterisk 729 Issue

FOlks, I need some help from you while I am trying to get my CISCO gear
working with Asterisk.

I have CISCO AS5300 and I am trying to send calls to my Asterisk Server by
using CISCO's version of g729r8.  Some how when I do that My Asterisk Box
says "No compatible codec's, not accepting this offer!".

When I use 711 on both sides (ulaw), It works like a charm, No Issues. I did
some googling and saw some recommendations like try to enforce "g729r8 bytes
40" at the CISCO end but NO Luck. I am using Digium licensed version of
G729.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated

Syed Zia