Hi Guys:

We are still finalizing our official reply comments for the CRTC.  I can tell
you all that it has been a very long process.  Along the way I have also been
privy to review the drafts of several other ISPS and CLECs prior to their
filing with the commission.  I think that the more of you that file comments
the better our chances will be of success.

I do have a few points to note however, hopefully they will be of use to you in
your submissions.

1.  Keep in mind that Gateway Access Service (GAS), the product that Bell sells
to us as ISPs is NOT an internet service.  It is a service that combines the
last mile via DSL with a backhaul facility to bring your traffic to our network
as your ISP.  The internet is not involved.

2.  Keeping number 1 above in mind, the reason why this tariff filing is so bad
is that Bell is trying to enforce RETAIL INTERNET SERVICE policies on a service
that is NOT RETAIL INTERNET SERVICE.  The concepts of usage based billing is
one that is being used by Bell in the provision of their Sympatico services for
residents, or Bell Business Internet on the business side.  In both cases they
are internet services, but the service that Bell provides to us as ISPs is not
internet, it is last mile connectivity and backhaul.  Bottom line, Bell is
trying to force their retail internet policies onto wholesale services that are
not internet.  This must not be allowed.

I will be up very late tonight finalizing Telnet's official reply to this
proceeding.  If anyone is unsure of process or needs some help feel free to
shoot me an email or (**Bill evaluates risk of publishing his cell number to a
public list and decides that it is worth it**) call me on my cell number at
905-409-5228 up until 10pm or so.

Regards,
Bill