Don't forget QoS !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aloysius Thevarajah Lloyd [mailto:lloyd.aloys...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 10:35 AM
To: Dave Donovan
Cc: asterisk@uc.org
Subject: Re: [on-asterisk] Router/vpn devices that are VoIP friendly

Currently I am using PC Engines Alix + m0n0wall in production environments.
So far no problems. It is working really good.

In the Past I have bad experience with VOIP+pfsense. I never try the most
recent version 1.2.3.

But ....I would say a VOIP friendly router should have the Following
features

1. WAN  Port

   - PPOE
   - DHCP
   - STATIC
   - PPOE + MLPP

2. LAN Port's

   - DHCP
   - VLAN
   - DHCP Option 66

3. VPN Support

4. Should pass the TFTP traffic from WAN to LAN

5. WAN Failover

6. Monitoring tools

But I could not find any open source firmware support all of the above.

Thank you.

A.T.Lloyd