> jhhaynes wrote on 02/12/2008 12:26:11 AM:
>
> I've got the AR5212 card working successfully on my laptop on Fedora 7
and
> using Madwifi.  I'm sure I had it working on Fedora 8 using ath5k instead
> of madwifi.  I blew away that system and put on Fedora 9 and I can't
> get things to work at the point where the dhclient program runs.

I've been using NetworkManager, ath5k and Fedora 9 without (too many
issues) on my T60p Thinkpad. I have pulled the latest wireless drivers from
http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download on occasion to try them out,
and in general my experience with ath5k is that the latest releases are
better.

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212 802.11abg
NIC (rev 01)
      Subsystem: IBM ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter
(AR5BXB6)

I've been using LEAP and WPA authentication successfully. One trick I did
apply was to lock my rate down - I have

  iwconfig ath0 rate 24M

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. Before I did this, the ath5k driver would keep
switching rates looking for a better match, periodically dropping out. I
also have the power maxed out to try and improve chances of a good
connection.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes
tel: (905) 413-4330