On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Pavel Roskin <pro...@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 14:40 +0200, Giorgio Mazzucchelli wrote:
>> OK, but I would like to know how to read the country code written in
>> the card's EEPROM, and how to set.
>
> The country code is read from EEPROM in the beginning of
> ath9k_hw_fill_cap_info() in drivers/net/wireless/ath9k/hw.c.  Writing
> EEPROM is not supported by ath9k.
>
>> Is there any wiki page, any guide or tutorial that explains it?
>> Searching far and wide in this mailing list didn't helped me so much,
>> by now.
>
> The ath9k wiki is here:
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k
>
> I'm not aware about any resources specifically about reading or writing
> EEPROM in ath9k.

If you write to the EEPROM you could be tuning the device out of
calibrated values used and tesed for compliance and therefore it is
not supported. Users just do not need this, manufacturers however do.

You can read the value on the EEPROM by enabling the ath9k debug
kconfig option, it will be outputed in hex format when loading ath9k.

  Luis