Hi,

I am using ath9k_htc with my TL-WN821N.
The problem is when it transfers with max speed (should be 300Mbps but not
with ath9k_htc, this could be another story) for some while (eg. 10 mins),
the dongle gets really hot and it hangs with no blinked LED. At this time,
there is no response from the dongle anymore. I have to plug in/out to make
it get normal.

But everything under windows is just fine. With max speed (300 Mbps) do
some ftp for 1 or 2 hours, everything is just fine.

I am so sure that the hang is because of the chips getting too hot. I
bought 2 pieces of heat sink and attached them on the two chips. And the
transftering lasted almost 1 hours till now (normal case it would die in 15
mins.), even the heat sink is really really hot.

lsusb
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0cf3:7015 Atheros Communications, Inc. TP-Link
TL-WN821N v3 802.11n [Atheros AR7010+AR9287]

kernel version
Linux CC 3.1.8-1-ARCH

Regards,
Beeender