On Monday 24 October 2005 08:33, Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> I've done this upgrade multiple times. I must say that each time I upgrade
> my distro using smart or apt, I always make a list of rpms before the
> upgrade. After the upgrade, I check the new list of rpms against the old
> one, in order to see which rpm's have not been upgraded and why. I also
> check all rpms for *fc3* and manually upgrade those as well.
>
> For some reason, neither smart or apt will always catch all rpms in a
> dist-upgrade and some manual work is necessary.

I wonder whether it's due to the naming of the rpms.

I have the feeling that it simply doesn't see that there's an upgrade
available, but when I click on the newer version in smart, it mentions
"upgrade" and marks the old package also accordingly.

What I also saw is that when version numbers are equal, it will leave the fc3
one of the system instead of upgrading to the fc4 package.

Regards,
Marcel