On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 03:26:11PM -0500, George Galt wrote:
> Simplest solution appears to be using the FC3 RPM, but I don't know if that
> will hose my FC4 system (not to mention the headaches with having to
> maintain it on future upgrades).

The nice thing about packaging is that installing and uninstalling
should be trouble-free. That doesn't apply to all cases, and
especially not if you force installs/uninstalls or mix packages from
different distros (like SuSE on Red Hat). So I recommend to go ahead
and try.

The only issue you should face is that your favourite depsolver will try
to upgrade the package. There are mechanisms in each depsolver to
prohibit this, e.g. making the package immutable.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net