All,

I'm new to using ATRPMS for RedHat Enterprise Linux and I'm completely
stumped.  I have the latest update for RHEL4 (U2) WS and latest updates
beyond that.  However, I haven't the least clue on how to proceed with
getting packages from ATRPMS.  Everything I download has dependencies on
newer versions (python, rpm, etc.) that aren't the stock versions in
RHEL.  I'm not even able to install yum (up2date won't resolve the
dependencies).

I've used this successfully with FC4 (for mythtv) and grew to love
ATRPMS, but I'm becoming very frustrated trying to use the repo for
RHEL.  Why are such standard things as RPM at a higher rev on ATRPMS?
It worries me to replace such an integral component of RHEL with the
non-RH supported versions.

Is there a guide on how to get started and get a system to a point where
either yum or apt-get will work?

Thanks,
Brian