> > > I see nothing special in the logs (mlnet just dies).  The same
> > >
> > > What platform did you test the other packages with?
> >
> > FC5 - i386. I will try FC6 i386 also and see what happens ...
>
> I mean the packages you downloaded from ATrpms and kept dying. ATrpms
> never shipped 2.9.0 for FC5, and your rebuild for FC5 were OK. So the
> failures are either FC6 or F7 or some RHEL platform. Or I'm confused :)

The failure is happening on FC6 x86_64 (using ATrpms version).

> > Also, deleting /home/mldonkey, so it recreates all of its files,
> > >
> > > This is usually automatically taken care of by service mldonkey start.
> >
> > It is not doing that. This problem is not new.
> > mldonkey does not start after a clean install.
> > The solution is to to remove a lot of .ini.tmp
> > left behind because of the failure,
> > and change the ownership manually.
> > I just remembered the problem now because
> > a tried to reset everything for 2.9.0. Unfortunatelly, it did not help
> also.
> >
> > I am using 2.8.7 without problem (x86_64), though.
> >
> > This is my configuration file:
> >
> > [cascavel:~/RPMS64/atrpms] more /etc/sysconfig/mldonkey
> > : ${ML_ROOT=/var/lib/mldonkey/chroot}
> > : ${ML_USER=mldonkey}
> > : ${ML_GROUP=mldonkey}
> > : ${ML_HOME=/home/mldonkey}
>
> OK, what I wrote is true for ML_ROOT - there the script always checks
> for mldonkey ownership:
>
> |   chown -Rh mldonkey:mldonkey $ML_ROOT/
>
> ML_HOME should be always owned by mldonkey, the files etc there are
> created after mldonkey drops root priviledges.

/home/mldonkey was created in advance with appropriate permissions.

This is in /home:

drwxr-xr-x   9 mldonkey mldonkey     4096 Aug 11 11:36 mldonkey

| ... mlnet -run_as_user mldonkey ...
>
> Maybe you started mlnet manually as root and therefore the *.ini* files
> were owend by root?

Yes.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mldonkey start

as root.  I do not recreate mldonkey home very often,
but I recall not having problems with older versions.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ